Sunday, October 18, 2009

Liar by Justine Larbalestier



Synopses:
Micah will freely dmit she's a compulsive liar, but that may be the one honest thing she'll ever tell you. Over the years she's fooled everyone; her classmates, her teachers, even her parents. And she's always managed to stay one step ahead of her lies. That is, until her boyfriend dies under brutal circumstances and her dishonesty begins to catch up with her. But is it possible to tell the truth when lying comes as easily as breathing?

My Rating: 6/10

My Thoughts:
I was very excited for this book and even after I was done, I was still not sure how I felt about it. I was frustrated while reading the book, because I had no idea what what actually happening, and what was a lie Micah was telling. Everything she said I took with a grain of salt expecting her to confess the lie a few pages later. However, though it was frustrating during the book, I was satisfied with the ambiguous ending, and I was able to form my own opinion about what was going on. Overall this book was had a very original concept and I would love to discuss it with someone else.

1 comment:

  1. You are way more generous and less frustrated than I am about this book :)

    http://mentalfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/02/book-review-liar-by-justine.html

    ReplyDelete