Monday, January 11, 2010

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about tidy bookshelves. Are your bookshelves strictly books only? Or have knick-knacks invaded? Do your shelves also shelve DVDs? Photos? Why not snap a photo – I’m sure we all like to spy on other’s shelves!


I've never done a Musing Monday before, but I couldn't resist this one...

I have 4 bookshelves, 3 of which are in my room, and one is just outside in the hallway. I also have a little shelf in my room which has some books on it. I keep thinking I can't fit in any more books, but then I find ways...

My biggest bookshelf is floor to ceiling. The top shelf has my post-apocalyptic/dystopia collection alongside my Harry Potter books. The next shelf down has my historical fiction books. The third shelf is random mass markets, and the fourth shelf contains my fiction books.

My next bookshelf was a bit hard to take a picture of, because it extends back behind my desk. The top shelf has books I bought and have never read and I’ve since lost interest in. Maybe I’ll go back to them, maybe not. The second shelf contains Fantasy. Third shelf is some of my young adult. And the fourth shelf is my childhood favorites, including my Little House on the Prairie books. I absolutely loved those as a kid and they are probably responsible for my reading addiction.

This bookshelf has my Stephenie Meyer and Juliet Marillier books on top, then the first shelf contains my non-fiction books and the bottom contains more random mass markets.


This little shelf contains my favorite young adult books on top, and then the books I have checked out from the library on the bottom.


Finally, this is the shelf that resides in the hallway because I simply could not put any more bookshelves in my room. It contains all my classic literature and houses my movies. My DVD's are on the bottom shelf, which is not pictured. I promise I'm not stuck in the VHS age...



I guess I do have a fairly organized system, though it probably only makes sense to me...

2 comments:

  1. Books you checked out from the library, plus that one you checked out from Rachel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bookshelves! Very well organized!

    Since I just moved, most of my books are currently in boxes in our spare bedroom, but I would love to get some out and on display.

    ReplyDelete