Monday, May 31, 2010

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Synopsis:
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

My Rating: 8/10

My Thoughts:
There was a lot of blog hype about this book, which is why I decided to pick it up. I'm always looking for a good love story, and this book very much fit that criteria.

Unfortunately I read this book a while ago, so some of the specific things are getting kind of fuzzy. This book is a classic bad boy (who is really a good guy) meets good girl (who is a lot more complicated than she appears) and falls in love. However don't let this overused plot deter you, I was very much crushing on Alex, and found Brittany very likable. The romance was everything I look for in a book like this. I was addicted from beginning to end and I especially liked the epilogue. Sometimes I find them pointless, but in this case I really enjoyed it because it offered a lot of insight. (I don't want to give anything away by saying more)

If you're looking for something that will throw you a plot curve ball, this story isn't it. But I would totally recommend this book to anyone looking for an excellent love story to read again and again, for I was most thoroughly entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment