Monday, February 8, 2010

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about a random book.

I’ve seen several bloggers mention reading multiple books this week. Do you frequently read more than one book at a time? Do you try to limit this to a certain number? Do you have different books for different purposes/topics?

I usually have as many as five books going at once, there is no way I could have only one. I'm very bipolar in my reading habits and will drop a book for a while on a whim if something else catches my interest. At the very least I have two books going, one is always classic literature and the other is whatever strikes my fancy at that moment. Though, I have many books on my shelves, with bookmarks stuck half way through them, which I lost interest in long ago. They have been on the back burner for so long, I don't even consider them part of my active reading pile.

It's a pretty bad habit, and it's very hard sometimes to go back and pick up a book I've abandoned. I wish I could open a book and read it through to the end before starting a new one, but I just don't function that way.

You can find Musing Mondays at Just One More Page.

1 comment:

  1. wow, of everyone who posted you seem to be the most multi-book. there should be a prize.
    I tend to have just one active book and a few inactive books lurking nearby, waiting to be picked up again when the mood strikes.

    ReplyDelete