Monday, February 22, 2010

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about a keeping books.

Do you keep all the books you ever buy? Just the ones you love? Just collectibles? What do you do with the ones you don’t want to keep?

So far I have kept every book I've ever bought. Usually I only buy books that I've researched and read reviews of, so I'm fairly certain I'll like them. However, just after high school I was working at Borders and had a mega discount, so ended up buying many books on a whim, which now, years later, I still have not read. And looking at those books sitting on my shelf, I still don't have much interest in picking them up.

So I suppose, eventually, I'll have to sort through my books and give some away. I don't think I'll be able to find many that I'm not completely attached to, but I might be able to find 5 or 10 I don't need. But as far as what to do with them? That I don't know. Maybe trade them in at my local used bookstore, or perhaps donate them.

Musing Mondays can be found at Just One More Page.

1 comment:

  1. You worked at Borders? That would be my dream job, but then I don't think I'd take any money home with me either!

    If you ever get around to weeding through your books, try paperbackswap.com. I can't use it as I live in Australia, but it looks like a great way to get rid of some books!

    ReplyDelete